• 30 years accounting experience with twenty-five years in the non-profit sector
• Created and maintained accounting business for ten years, servicing clients with net worth over $10 million
• Extensive experience as management liaison between staff, public and boards of trustees
• Successfully created numerous communications such as marketing tools, grant requests, annual campaigns, capital campaigns, prospectes, long-range plans and financial reports
• Consistently achieved creative results while working under great financial restraint
• Conversant in all aspects of fund accounting including: Payroll, A/P, A/R, Bank Reconciliation, GL Reconciliation, Cost Allocations, and Financial Statements
• Prepared numerous financial audits for non-profit organizations
• Created and implemented annual budgets for non-profit organizations with combined annual budgets over $7 million
• Instituted computerized accounting systems for several commercial and non-profit companies
• Held supervisory roles with several organizations with staff sizes ranging from four to thirty
• Trained staff in computer literacy, fiscal operations and basic office administration
• Coordinated and directed auxiliary committees and groups in support of non-profit organizations
• Planned and performed numerous speaking engagements, as well as instructed managers and students in public speaking
• Written, prepared and submitted multiple grant proposals to both public and private foundations with over 75% fulfillment of requests
• Produced marketing, management, financial and business reports
Senior Consultant Pacific Training and Resources, Oakland, CA
5/01 to present
Accounting Supervisor Family Support Services of the Bay Area, Oakland, CA
2/02 to 9/02
Accountant Family Support Services of the Bay Area, Oakland, CA 8/98 to 2/02
Managing Director The Foothill Theatre Company, Nevada City, CA
11/95 to 5/97
Business Manager East West Players, Los Angeles, CA
7/94 to 11/95
Institute for Non-Profit Consulting, Compasspoint, San Francisco, February 2003.
B.A., Non-Profit Management, California State University San Bernardino, December 1993.
A.A., Computerized Accounting, Watterson College, Pasadena, June 1986.
All general office skills including 10-key, ADP training, and the following software: for PC - Microsoft Office, Excel, MIP Fund Accounting, ACCPAC with Payroll Partner, Peachtree Accounting, QuickBooks Pro; for MAC - Microsoft Office, MYOB, QuickBooks 5.
Jennie Brick is the senior Administration and Accounting consultant for Pacific Training and Resources. Having worked in the non-profit sector for over twenty-five years, Jennie is experienced in creating systems to streamline and accommodate the challenging world of the non-profit administrator. She has trained management, staff, board members, and volunteers in the areas of budgeting, general fiscal operations, public speaking, and office administration. Pacific Training and Resources provides Human Resources, Financial and Administrative consulting services for Bay Area nonprofits.